01 December 2015

Bell Jars in Chicago!

My purple card eventually did show up, so today I decided to go to Barneys.  Fortunately, Patty was there.

I had every intention of getting Comme des Garçons Luxe: Patchouli but, would't you know, they had none in stock, although it was displayed.

The big news is, though, that Barneys New York in Chicago has started carrying the Serge Lutens bell jars.  I had noticed that Aedes de Venustas started carrying then and, since Barneys in New York and Beverly Hills both carry them, I was really wondering why Chicago wouldn't have them as well! Well, now they do!

(Recent news also has that a Serge boutique will be opening in Moscow.)

Anyway, after some deliberation, I decided to get yet another bell jar, this time, Fourreau Noir. This is my third fourth bell jar this year.

Of course, I don't have this particular bell jar.

Just now, I got a call from the building office that a package had arrived:  Pascal Morabito Or Black! Weirdly, I had found this on Amazon.com for something like $43! And it was from a store in fancy France!  Anyway, it was supposed to be delivered between December 14 and January 4... so it came very early!! I am impressed.  I am not sure if this is the old version or the reformulation (I'm assuming the latter), so I'll have to compare my mini with this.




This is the bottle I have.

Fourreau Noir photo from The Non-Blonde.
Or Black photo from Basenotes.

No comments: